Lock in your purchase price today. Rent the home you’ll eventually own while you save your down payment or repair your credit.
We are testing Rent to Own as a way into homeownership for twelve future homeowners. These opportunities are available on any of our immediate-possession homes.
Here’s how it works:
- Shop from our immediate-possession properties (link when ready).
- If you find a home you’re interested in seeing, please email us or phone (403-265-9935) to let us know.
- We’ll connect you with one of our assigned mortgage advisors. Together with them, you will discuss your suitability to the Rent to Own program and create a plan to ensure you are mortgage-ready in 18 months.
- When you’ve found a home that meets your mortgage-qualifying criteria as determined by the mortgage advisor, you will sign two agreements:
- You will sign a rental agreement
- Provide one month’s security deposit
- $500 administration fee
- Pay monthly rent
Option to Purchase Agreement:
- Indicates your intention to purchase the home at the current posted price.
- Each month, you pay an extra $112 that goes into a savings account for your down payment.
- You agree to check in with the mortgage advisor every three months.
- After 18 months, you will have saved $2,000 and can choose between:
- Buying through the regular AHC down payment assistance program.
- Continuing to rent so that you can save a full 5% down payment and purchase the home on your own without AHC.